"Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge"
— Carl Gustav Jung
Much like the past two weeks this week feels like it has gone by in a flash! I spent much of my free time this week watching Raptor's YouTube series on Farthest Frontier. I very much enjoyed playing Banished and Farthest Frontier feels like a natural progression with enhanced mechanics such as crop rotation and soil management that appeal to me.
On the subject of games I occasionally pine for an Eve Online session, however my gaming PC is still sat in storage while I finish my home office. I haven't played in a few years now, I assume the game has changed a lot in that time.
All that's needed for my office is door trim, skirting board and a built-in wall-to-wall desk to provide adequate space for more than one work zone. I say "all that's needed" but it's still considerable work. I found a supplier for the skirting board but was £5 below their minimum order 🙄. That supplier does not carry door trim meaning I'm going to have to look elsewhere and see if I can get both delivered.
Joke of the week
"Why can’t you send a duck to space? Because the bill would be astronomical."
Notable Articles Read
- The End of Starsky Robotics and its companion The poor ROI of autonomy by Stefan Seltz-Axmacher
- Why isn't there a CreateProcess that completely isolates Windows processes?
- Does the software industry learn?
Notable Videos Watched
Cool things from around the internet
- Free and liberated ebooks, carefully produced for the true book lover.
- The slow creep of mediocrity
- Pagefind: search library for static sites
- Emoji Supply: Wallpaper generator and emoji mixer
- Medusa.js: Open source Shoppify alternative
- Curated and researched evidence-based design solutions to bring out the best in human nature online
- Stack Exchange's server setup