For many years this website used its colophon as an "about me" page, rather than about PhotoGabble. Today the about page takes that role leaving this page to its correct intent as an imprint for the publication that is PhotoGabble.
This is a development blog listing key updates to PhotoGabble as and when I find the time.
- Alphabetising Glossary Terms
March 14, 2023
- Marking external links
February 13, 2023
- Adding stub posts
January 27, 2023
- Adding statistics to 11ty
January 20, 2023
- Adding enhanced opengraph meta
September 16, 2022
- Cool URls don't change
September 8, 2022
- Adding favicon
September 7, 2022
- Updated Content List Layouts
September 2, 2022
Design inspiration for this website has come from many places. The current minimalist layout was initially using Tufte CSS and that design approach has remained.
A special thanks to:
- Andy Bell (@piccalilli_), for sparking my interest in 11ty and subsequently the reason for my getting back into content creation
- Matt Mullenweg (@photomatt), without whom this website would likely not exist
- Maggie Appleton (@mappletons), the very reason for PhotoGabble being a digital garden instead of only a Blog
- Luke Mitchell (@lkemitchll), inspiration behind content list designs and this Colophon
- Cassidy Williams (@cassidoo) and the Discord crew for daily inspiration
The following websites have provided design inspiration:
This website is a static generated site, built using eleventy (11ty) and hosted with Netlify. Building this website is dependant upon the following third party libraries:
- 11ty plugins:
- postcss MIT & plugins:
- markdown-it MIT & plugins:
- autoprefixer MIT
- cross-env MIT
- normalize.css MIT
- node-fetch MIT
- flat-cache MIT
- html-minifier MIT
- luxon: MIT
Unless otherwise stated† this website and content is licensed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). It's source code is freely available and hosted on GitHub.
†exemptions include mirrored code snippets which will each display their license terms if available.