"More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness"
— Charlie Chaplin
I spent a lot of this week watching Raptor's YouTube series on Farthest Frontier. I absolutely love playing Banished and Farthest Frontier looks as though it builds upon that theme and then some.
Having yet to set up my gaming computer (it's been in storage for two years,) I don't actually have any machine to play this game on, however it released on the 9th August and even though it is considered an "early access game" from watching hours of Raptor's play-through it looks to be very much worth the release price.
Aside from binge-watching Raptor's YouTube videos I have also got back into playing Minecraft, the last time I got the itch to play Minecraft was in January when I set up a server for the purpose of playing the same world over time from multiple devices. I have since dipped in and out of it over the past few months but not spent any considerable time in the game. I think I am going to begin making it my lunchtime game, so I can make progress on building a little nordic town on the coast. I have been keeping a little log of my activities in this thead on my GoToSocial instance.
Joke of the week
"Want to know why nurses like red crayons? Sometimes they have to draw blood."
Notable Articles Read
Notable Videos Watched
Cool things from around the internet
- lyra: fast, in-memory, typo-tolerant, full-text search engine written in TypeScript
- Bytebase: the engineer's notepad
- Explordle: a game where you try to identify where in the world a video was shot from
- Online encyclopedia of integer sequences
- Building a Panel out of e-ink Electronic Shelf Labels
- Shottr: advanced screenshot tool
- SVG Hush: a tool for slimming down svg's