"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring"
— Marilyn Monroe
This week I said goodbye to my Toyota Yaris, it was the car we brought our eldest home from Hospital in, that went on adventures around the New Forrest and eventually became relegated to a daily commuter when I worked in Winchester.
Since the beginning of the pandemic it had sat almost entirely dormant, taking up space on our driveway. So dormant that its battery discharged to the point that when I stalled in a drive through it refused to turn over the engine.
Now that I am full time remote having more than one car is a decadence that we should no longer afford and so it's been sold to one of those "we buy any car" internet companies.
My Birthday was this weekend and in celebration we met my parents at the Milestones Living History Museum in Basingstoke. Serendipitously it also happened to be the same day that a Steam Punk event was happening there which made the day even more fun!
Joke of the week
"What’s orange and sounds like a parrot? A Carrot."
Notable Articles Read
Notable Videos Watched
- Experiments with Raspberry Pi
- Rekka Bellum and Devine Lu Linvega, Hundred Rabbits - XOXO Festival (2019), read more about Hundred Rabbits on their website.
Cool things from around the internet
- Adding bubble memory to the KIM-1
- Monocraft a monospaced programming font inspired by the Minecraft typeface
- A visual workspace that brings clarity to your ideas, tasks and projects
- Sasha Fetch a little script that generates a custom neofetch like card
- Github: Disassembly and enhancements for Apple II DeskTop found via Apple II Desktop Updated
- Twitter 🧵: Loab, the creepy presence that AI reproduces
- Twitter 🧵: Bankruptcy Goes to Hollywood