"Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday’s code."
— Dan Salomon
Following on from last week's discovery of Ramen I went all in on the library and began following the TCOD Roguelike Tutorial which is written in Python, but why make my life easy?
I managed to get up to part six of the rogue like tutorial before the end of the week. You can see the result of this in my @photogabble/go-roguelike-tutorial repository on GitHub. I currently have the code in a broken state due to the refactoring and because it has been a day since I last worked on it, I am not entirely sure why, it's most likely because the refactoring is half complete and things are missing, or pointing to places they shouldn't still be pointing.
Joke of the week
In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
Notable Articles Read
- “A damn stupid thing to do”—the origins of C
- Create a Static Site using VitePress for Beautiful Help Documentation
- The State of UX in 2023: A vibe shift is coming
- Marcus Hutchins: I Was Wrong About Mastodon
- Tutorial: Building a Roguelike in Go