"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
— Robin Williams
This week has absolutely flown past, looking back it feels as though I went to bed on Monday night and woke up part way into Friday!
I didn't manage to meet any of my publishing goals. However, I did do a lot of maintenance on this digital garden; revamping its footer, adding a new concept of lists and refactoring layouts.
I begin an interesting project next week involving Nuxt3 and porting across some of our existing workflows to it as way of upgrading our stack to something more modern. A lot of our legacy code is Vue2, I am hopeful that it will not be too difficult to copy and refactor to get working.
Joke of the week
Struggling to think of what to buy someone for Christmas?
Get theme a fridge and watch their face light up when they open it.
Notable Articles Read
- Ethan Zuckerman: Elon Musk’s Compelling Case for Worst Human of 2023
- Dan Palmer: Activity Pub vs Web Frameworks
- Aaron Bell: Secret colours of the Commodore 64
- Erlend Sogge Heggen: Weird web pages
- Jason Scott: The Grind a Day
- Tara Smith: Can a fungus really take over our brains?
- Alex Ellis: Docker is deleting Open Source organisations - what you need to know
Notable Videos Watched
- HAINBACH: The Surprising Musicality of a Telephone Line Simulator
- Tieran Freedman: Cornwall: A Celtic Nation Trapped in England | Cornish Language, Culture & Identity
- FreeDOS: How I write programs on FreeDOS
Cool things from around the internet
- VIC-20 Listings: VIC-20 Listings an archive of type-in games, utilities and other programs for the Commodore VIC-20 home computer
- Aaron Giles: DREAMM: a bespoke emulator for LucasArts games
- Eevee: Roguelike Simulator