This week has been comparably quieter than the last few; the data from before the big deployment has mostly filtered through and now the deployed system is behaving as expected and will do so for the foreseeable future. This is also do to our adding some self-healing capability to it that should have arguably been there for the start but hindsight is 20/20.
Outside of work I have been working on PhotoGabble a little, mostly in a new release for my 11ty Interlinker Plugin to fix a bug where it would default to parsing the embed template with both liquid and then markdown-it which would result in inline elements getting wrapped in
<p> tags. This isn't the behaviour wanted when your embed is a link, like with what I do for the notable articles and cool things from around the internet, which are embeds of bookmark pages to show just their title as a link.
I haven't done as much work towards rebuilding The Kabal Invasion, I have got it to the point where 80% of the code is refactored, and now I have the option of continuing with a direct port or making my fork distinct and adding functionality I had programmed for Space Mines. Doing a direct port will mean more work later when I do go about adding my own functionality, I am strongly considering renaming this from TKI to Space Mines and using the code as it stands as a springboard for my own game.
Joke of the week
Notable Articles Read
- Wesley Aptekar-Cassels: How I run my servers
- Neopets: A New Era for Neopets!
- Fabien Sanglard: 10NES
- Carl M. Johnson: Ten Years of “Go: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh”
- Jay Jacobs: The death of Infosec Twitter
- Chloe Kudryavtsev: Simply Parse in C
- Henrico Dolfing: Case Study 4: The $440 Million Software Error at Knight Capital
- Nick Taylor: Automate syndication of your content with Eleventy, dev.to, and GitHub Actions
Notable Videos Watched
- JFoster: Surviving 100 Days On An DESERTED ISLAND In Hardcore Minecraft a master piece of storytelling and editing, well worth a watch
- Eddie Woo: Dividing by Zero
Cool things from around the internet
- The HTML Review
- Matt Montag: Chiptune Player
- Jesse Duffield: lazydocker, the lazier way to manage everything docker
- Stephan Meijer: unimported, find and fix dangling files in JS projects
- Henry Zhu: minigpt4.cpp, a port of MiniGPT4 in C++
- John Graham-Cumming: Aeronear: an ambient device showing nearby aircraft